4.10.10

Family Halloween Costume Ideas

Here's two family costume ideas we've done in the past.

Law "enforcers" and Law "breakers"
Law "enforcer": black pants, black button up shirt, black tie, glasses, cuffs and badge
Law "breakers": White outfit with painted black strips using fabric paint and tape.

The Simpson's
Yes, we were the Simpson's playing "The Simpson's" (we thought it would be a fun way to introduce us to our new ward)
Blue hair was made out of poster board, lots of cotton balls and blue spray paint.
Girls head pieces were made out of yellow felt sheets.
Cartoon eyes were made out of Styrofoam ball and black pipe cleaners
The clothes were simple dresses and pjs. James' outfit was put together last minuet... can't you tell :)


We're still thinking of what we can be as a family this year.... We're thinking maybe our girls being sheep, me being a shepherd (bo peep) and my husband being a wolf... But we're still thinking about it.

Any ideas??

PonyTails and FishScalesThe DIY Show OffBWS tips button


6 comments:

  1. sooooo cute!!! There's a halloween costume linkup party going on today! (Sorry, I can't remember where I saw it!) You should link up these adorable ideas!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think family costumes are cute. Last year, I sent hubby out as a pirate with my oldest son on his shoulder, dressed as a pirate. Costumes were homemade, aside from a dollar store sword and eye patch, and pretty quick to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are dressing up in all Alice in Wonderland characters. My girls will be Alice and the Queen of hearts and my hubby will be the Mad Hatter. I will be the March Hare and our dog will be the cheshire cat!

    Just finished Alice and now working on pettiskirts (for both girls) and the Queen of Hearts dress. I am breaking down and buying the Mad Hatter costume and finding things for the March Hare (pretty simple blazer, vest, pants).

    Check it out...
    http://www.theplannertheprocrastinator.blogspot.com/

    Love and Hugs,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun costumes! I tried being Marge for Halloween and it was a disaster! haha! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I love the themed costumes. I'm still trying to come up with some ideas for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ideas, I love themed family costumes! We are doing a "royal" theme this year. My oldest son is a knight, my youngest son is a dragon, my husband has a king hat and I have a princess hat :).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails