24.5.10

Update Picnic Basket

Remember this goodwill find?



Well, with a little work, some spray paint, and new fabric, I was able to get this






Here's a quick overview of how I did this:

First, I took everything out of the basket and cleaned it.



Then I spray painted the outside as well as the rim of the inside



I added some new batting and fabric and started putting it back together.





So, with the purchase of this basket, plus spray paint and fabric I already had on hand; This project cost was under $10.
Great deal compared to purchasing a new picnic basket for $50-$100

Now, I just need a picnic blanket and a picnic date with my hubby.


I'm linking up this project to:
PhotobucketSumo Sweet Stuff The DIY Show Off

 Hump Day link

6 comments:

  1. great job on the picnic basket! I recently did one for my daughter.
    I love picnics!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... what an improvement! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! What fun it will be for a picnic

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute - what a great transformation! I will have to keep my eye out for a picnic basket now. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails