14.8.12

Turning Bi-Fold Doors into Faux Barn Door {Tutorial}

I think I might not be alone here but I am still hooked on Pinterest. It took me a while to actually get on but now that I am, I'm constantly on there. I'm very selective on what I pin because I truly use it for personal use (if I don't "intend" on trying what I pin, I usually don't pin it). BUT, with that in mine, I have a VERY LONG to-do list now...

However, this weekend I was able to turn one of my "to-do" project into "DONE!" Here was my inspiration from Pinterest (found here)

AND here is my Faux Barn Doors for my Pantry.
I'm in love!

I'm also in love with Home Depot. I was able to complete this project for about $5... Grant, I had most of the supplies on hand.

Here's how I did it.... First, I picked up my supplies:

Two sheets of side panel {used for cabinets}--I actually got mine in the discount stash area for .51 each--usually they are about $10 each sheet
Wood glue (I had on hand)
Stain and paint brush (I had on hand) 
Black paint and sponge brush (I had on hand) 
Finish nails and hammer (I had on hand)
Hardware (I bought at Home Depot for about $2 each)
And of course, a Bi-Fold door.

Here is the before shot


Then you measure your bi fold doors, planed and cut the wood accordingly. Here was my layout. (each board was 3 in. wide and varied in length according to the plan below).
Lay it out to make sure everything fits


Stain wood (or paint).


Glue wood pieces down directly on the bi-fold... Let stain and glue dry.


Age the wood with light paint strokes (rubbing/wiping off with a rag)

        
Put the doors back on {I had to move my railing 1/4 in. back so the doors would slide more easily}


Add your hardware and then step back and admire your work :)


Here's the before and after again


I love it, but what do you think? ;)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 4 post on Aug. 30, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails