4.5.10

Easy To Make Ice Cream Cake! Sundae Theme

I made this for my husband's birthday; it was so simple to do but sooo yummy! I don't know about you, but we LOVE ice cream cake over here :) My mother-in-law actually taught me this easy way to make ice cream cake, so, thanks to her, I can make ice cream cake whenever I want!:)

So here's how I did it:

I made a cake from a box, (milk chocolate) and bake it in two 10' pans.
I took out the cakes and set it on a cooling rack, letting it cool COMPLETELY. (it took about 30 minutes)


I then took the cakes out of the pans and layered them on a layer of wax paper and tin foil. I then sliced the tops off to create a straight and even top. Wrapped the cake with the layer of wax paper and then the foil.
Repeated the same steps for the second cake. Put both wrapped cakes in freezer.



I cleaned the pans I used to bake the cake and prepared one of them to make the layer of ice cream by putting wax paper on the bottom and sides of the pan.



I microwaved the ice cream enough to melt it. (I did 20 sec. intervals). Poured the ice cream into the prepared pan, covered it with tin foil and put it in the freezer.




I allowed the cake and ice cream to freeze overnight before I put it together.

The next day, I took the ice cream out first, turned it over on a plate and let it melt in room temperature for about 10 minutes, (just enough to have the ice cream come out of the pan with ease).
I took the cakes out of the freezer, unwrapped them and sandwiched the ice cream layer with the cakes.
(This is when I put the cake on the cardboard sheet---makes for easy transfer to the cake box)


I allowed the cake and ice cream to freeze for another hour since the ice cream melted a bit.


This is how I decorated the cake:
The theme I wanted was ice cream sundae so I used, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped nuts, and cherries.
I first covered the entire cake with whipped cream, add a little design on the edges, threw nuts on the sides (literally threw them on), poured chocolate syrup--letting it run off the sides and added the cherries.
We weren't ready to eat it yet so I put it back in the freezer (although, at this point, it's ready to enjoy)




When we were ready to eat it, I added a banana peel filled with ice cream and the candles, James loved it :)


I'm linking this up to:


ShutterLoveTuesdays


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! I think I just gained 5 pounds just looking at this deliciousness. I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails