26.7.10

Sour Cream Container=Jewelry Box

My daughter LOVES play jewelry. SO, I turned this empty sour cream container into a fun little play jewelry container for her (another Christmas present).

Here's how it turned out:

----
Here's pictures to show what I did:

First I spray painted the sour cream container:


Add Scrapbook paper with Mod Podge to the bottom container



Decorated the lid the same way



Hot glue fabric to the inside of the container (this was optional---I had some on hand so I used it, if I didn't, I wouldn't have added it)
*Push the fabric in with your hand all the way to bottom of the container... The fabric should naturally make the pleat look (like in the first picture)
Tuck the extra fabric in so you don't see it and glue to the inside of the container.
 
I also added a scrap piece of black fabric to the bottom (again, optional)


I added scrapbook paper to the top rim for a cleaner look

Here it is again:



I think they're going to LOVE it!
Thanks for stopping by!


All Thingz Related
giveawaysGet your craft on Thurs.PonyTails and FishScales
Photobucket



21 comments:

  1. That's awesome, and way creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I especially love the fabric inside, it really makes it into a true jewelry box. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. Did you cut off the excess material or did you tuck it back in?

    ~Makalani
    www.MakazHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is to cute! I love it! I also want to know more about how you put the material in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *I just added some more information on adding the fabric...

    I tucked in the fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh when I saw this. I am forever saving containers and adding some decorative paper to them.They are all over my house.
    Yours turned out really cute!
    You would never know it once housed sour cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DUH! Why didn't I think of that! I am always wanting to save those containers but new know what to do with them! I am totally going to have to do this! Thanks for sharing! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented Audra I LOVE your blog. I wish we would have done some crafts together before I left.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lacey, I try lol... That would have been fun, bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very CUTE and creative! This would be a perfect gift for my niece! I'm your newest follower, coming from Sassy Sites! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea! Every little girl needs a place for her jewelry! And this is an awesome way to recycle - it's a twofer: cheap and functional AND environmentally conscious! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute and creative...I have a little girl who would love one of these! Come link up to It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales!

    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is fabulous, fun, and creative! My wee girl would love it!! This is the first time I've hopped my way to your blog (from Life as Lori's Get Your Craft On link party)...glad I did! :>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling! So cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so stinkin' cute! You have the best imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Audra, I forgot to mention yesterday that Robin throws an upcycling party on her blog, http://www.thetshirtdiaries.com/. You should definitely add this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect for little diva's! Thanks for sharing at It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great project! So cute!

    Thanks for joining me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Came back to let you know I'm featuring you this week for Friday Favorites. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's one of the cutest things I've seen! I love it. I was just thinking that I need to make a jewelry holder for my girls. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gee. Thanks for giving me ANOTHER project that I have to make for the kids. (huff).

    Seriously, though. This is a great idea. Thanks for posting the tutorial, too.

    Do you find it hard to keep the stuff until Christmas? I make it am so excited that I give it to them then and there. I just can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails