13.5.10

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole



So I tried this recipe at a friend’s house and LOVED it. I had to ask for the recipe!!! She, being how nice she is, gave it to me and I have made it several times since. I need to ask her first if I can post her original recipe but here's my version of it! :)



Here's what you'll need:

Cooked Brown Rice (click here to see how I cook my Brown Rice)
3 Chicken Breast, boiled and shredded
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 T. Poppy Seed
1/2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Sleeve of butter crackers (such as Ritz), crumbled
1/4 C. Unsalted Butter (1/2 Stick), melted


Put it together (love casserole dishes, so much easier!):

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, shredded chicken and cheese together. Fold in poppy seeds.

In a small bowl combine crumbled crackers and melted butter.


In a 9x13 casserole dish (with a lid), layer in the following way: brown rice, creamy chicken mixture, and then buttered crackers.


Cover with the casserole dish lid and put in the preheated oven for 30 minutes (middle rack).

Uncover and cook an additional 30 minutes, allowing the cracker topping to turn golden brown.

Let cool/set for 10 minutes.

Serve and enjoy :)
Thanks again to my friend for introducing Poppy Seed Chicken to me! Yummy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails