13.5.10

For The Split Pea Soup Lovers

I thought everyone liked split pea soup, and then I married my husband... I figured I would indulge myself by making split pea soup for dinner last night and I would make something else for my husband (not a normal thing for me, usually I just make what he likes to avoid any complaints)


Needless to say, my wonderful husband actually ate my split pea soup and said he liked it (AWESOME!!)

So here's how I made this split pea goodness:

What you’ll need:

1 C. dry split peas, sorted and rinsed
1/2 C. chopped carrots
1/2 C. chopped celery
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 C. fresh chopped parsley
4 steams of chives, chopped
1/2 t. fresh chopped rosemary
2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/2 t. grated ginger root
3 t. extra virgin olive oil
2 C. chicken stock/broth
1 1/2 C. HOT water
1 15oz. can of fire roasted tomato

Directions:

In a large pot, add oil, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, chives, rosemary, basil, and ginger and cook till soften. Add Hot water, chicken stock and split peas.


Simmer for 30-40 minutes with lid tilted.

Add the tomatoes.


Place in blender and puree


Add cooked ham if you desire... I didn't have any at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails