The first one I made came out soo bad, but the idea was right on. Here's a picture of it.
I wish it came out good because I liked the color combination. Here were the things wrong. 1) it wasn't sewn well (I cut all the piece without a pattern or without measuring my cuts; Stupid thing to do), 2) The fabric got wet around the opening (I put the lining in the middle of fabric thinking it would look prettier---but it wasn't practical), 3) The magnet was a good idea, but it wasn't holding as well as I would like them too.
Here's how I made the good one:
- I finally sat down and drew up a pattern (making sure I measured everything twice!)
- I washed, dried, ironed, traced the pattern and cut the fabric:
- I ironed the window flaps down to make a clean edge:
- Trace the pattern and cut out the lining:
- Make an opening (for the window) by folding the lining in half and snipping it:
-Sew the window cover first:
- If you want a design on the front, you would add it now... I did:
- With the fabric rights sides together, I sandwiched the lining and sewed on three sides.
- I turned the window cover right side out with lining showing on back and sewed remaining side:
- Then I sewed it over the window of the wipe cover (on same side--the top):
-Sew together the wipe cover:
- I folded lining 2" over bottom cover and sewed across:
- With wrong sides together, I then sewed lining and fabric all the way around:
- Then sewn around the window (lining and fabric)
- Turn right side out and add snaps (1 to close window, 3 to close back opening)
- Fill with wipes and your done!