6.4.10

Fan Makeover

Edit: I'm linking this up to:


I am so excited to show this fan makeover off!! I'm not sure what the best part is: the $23 price tag or the fact that my husband thought I bought a brand new fan...hum?...

Here's the before picture:
It's not terrible, but it was asking me for a little facelift, especially to keep up with the more modern feel of our decor.
Here's the after:
 I must say, I love the result (and yes, it's the same fan!)

Here's what I did:

  • I took the fan blades off

  • With a hand saw, I cut off the hump to create a straighter edge. 

  • Smoothed the cut edge with sand paper

  • Spray-painted, in long strokes, with the black (gloss) spray paint.

  • Let dry.

  • Took off the glass fixtures and replaced them with the newer ones

  • Put the blades back on. 
That's it!
I'm going to be doing the same thing to my other fan fixtures. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. wow what a difference. They look great. Thanks for linking up to my challenge.
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails