23.3.10

Bird Pedestal

I got the idea from "Heirloom White Spring Bird" by room to inspire . I didn't want to spend a lot of money for this project so I went to my local Dollar Tree store and found these items...


I picked up two different size birds, three candle sticks (two of them will make one) and two table top tee light candle holder (one broke while working with it ...so... I only used the flower pedal one and sub the other with a 1/4" thick 2" wide wooden circle from the any craft store). I had the remainder materials at home: hot glue, black spray paint, glass beads, pearl beads, and green moss.


For the bigger bird pedestal, I joined two of the candlesticks, (tops together), with hot glue. I then hot glued the tee light candleholder to one of the ends to create a more substantial candlestick pedestal. I hot glued the bird and positioned it in the center of the tee light candleholder. Spray painted it with flat black paint, surrounded the bird with green moss, hot-glued little glass beads to the eyes and pearls to the pedestals.
For the smaller bird pedestal, I toped the candlestick with the wooden circle (with again, hot glue). Hot glued the smaller bird in the center of the wooden circle, spray painted it with flat black paint, surrounded the bird with green moss, hot glued little glass beads to the eyes and pearls to the pedestal.

Very, very easy to do and both were crafted under $7 (not counting material I already had)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails